Monday, June 27, 2016

My Life Lately

Side by side color comparison
Has been filled with painting.

Painting walls of all nine rooms of the house.  Caulking trim in all but a few of the rooms (Yes, I know that isn't painting).  Painting trim in all those rooms.  And in some rooms I've painted the ceilings to brighten them up.

Oh and did I mention that I had to paint wainscoting as well?

Yeah, I have been busy since just before Memorial Day weekend.  And I'm feeling it.


Easiest Room In The House
Sadly, the hubby isn't home to help.  Such is navy life.  So I've been on my own, not that I'm complaining.  I've got a system that seems to work well for me.  Hence the reason I never asked any of my friends for help.  I know I could of, but I was on a mission to do this on my own.

We decided to put a different color on the walls, since we couldn't find anything similar to what was originally there.  So I picked 'Sweet Coconut Milk'.  Doesn't that sound delicious?  LOL  I've added a side by side comparison of the color.  I never realized that there was a yellowish tint to my walls before.  This really makes the walls pop!

Finished Room
As of this weekend I finished the interior of the house.  Hooray!  It only took me a month.  But please realize that I had to take down photos and curtains.  Plus I still have all my furniture here, so I had to move things around.  Painting an entire house that is still furnished is a bit harder than painting an empty house.  Now I just need to do the decks and foundation.  *sigh*

The house interior is brighter, which is great.  Well except at night.  I'm not putting the curtains back up though, because I don't want to put holes in the freshly painted walls.  Yes, you read that right.  I'm going to live in my home for 3-4 more months with only the blinds and no pictures on the walls.  Call me crazy, but I'm not making more work for myself later on down the road.

And yes, I was smart enough to take a quick photo of our spare room for the property manager before I started putting totes and other things in the room.  This has now become the storage area.  Need somewhere to hold things that I've packed away for the movers.

Next is the foundation and decks.  Keep dry weather thoughts in mind for me.







No comments: